About Joy Matalon, CST LMT
- Joy is a certified Craniosacral therapist and has been a licensed Massage Therapist for over thirty years. Joy’s Craniosacral therapy practice with SomatoEmotional Release allows chronic physical, emotional, and spiritual issues to be intimately explored, bringing relief from pain and activating a healing process which continues after the session is over.
- Joy graduated from the Swedish Institute of Massage in 1985. In 1990 she began her study of Craniosacral therapy with the Upledger Institute. Joy was featured in NY magazine as “one of the best 15 massage therapists in NYC offering Craniosacral Therapy.” Since 2014, Joy has been studying Craniosacral therapy with Dr. Ron Wish of the Great River Craniosacral Therapy Institute and Process Acupressure through the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators.
- Assistant teacher Great River CranioSacral Therapy Institute
- Craniosacral Therapy certified-Great River Craniosacral Therapy Institute
- Advanced CST, SER - Upledger Institute
- Process Acupressure-International Alliance of Healthcare Educators
- Meditation certified-CSA, NYC, NY
- Reflexology certified - Laura Norman
- Advanced Trager Training-Trager Institute
- Medical Massage certified-Swedish Institute of Massage
- New York, NY Licensed Massage Therapy-Swedish Institute of Massage
- "My journey began over 35 years ago when I became certified in a form of body centered meditation. Guiding my client's awareness to areas in their body where they felt disconnection or pain, allowed them to learn how to be with themselves in a gentle way, Here, I discovered how softly shifting our approach to ourself creates insight and healing. Later, training in Craniosacral therapy became a hands-on way to assist this process of developing intimacy with parts of ourselves that through stress or trauma have become unconscious. It is in these unconscious parts of our bodies where healing happens. Most recently, my training in process acupressure, developed by clinical psychologist, Dr. Aminah Raheem, has refined my skills and deepened my understanding of how to explore the unconscious parts of ourselves that need awareness and compassion. Now, through intuition, my hands intermingle these modalities to help you experience yourself in the moment, creating a pathway to physical well being and inner peace. It is my honor to meet you in this sacred listening." - Joy